One of our two floats
After the parade the day was pretty boring and uneventful. Lunch was good old fashion hotdogs(yuck!) and then everyone crashed. Except Adam, Amberly and me. A bike ride sounded nice because of the great day outside. Amberly and I took the bikes and Adam rode behind us on the four wheeler out to our version of box canyon. There are two different spots we have gone to so far. One is better without water and the one we went to today was fun to jump across all the rocks, avoiding the water as best we could. I wished I was more like Farid on Inkheart who could do practically anything without over thinking it. I had a hard time jumping from rock to rock, afraid I couldn't reach it, or losing my balance and slipping into the manure infested waters. But once I jumped it was easier to do the next few times. Looking at it was hard, but doing was easy. As a storm brewed behind us we decided it was best to head home. Adam and I sang our lungs out and as we were heading up a hill a snap resounded. I looked behind me and the chain on Adam's bike broke. We strapped it to the back of the fourwheeler and Ihad to stand up while driving the next two miles. It was quite the adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment