Monday, July 12, 2010

Greatest Gratitude


This past week I had the opportunity to go to Nauvoo with my singles branch. We were gone 8 days. I wasn't really sure before the trip if I really wanted to go but I decided that since it was only $100 I could handle it. Besides, who was I kidding, I love to travel.




Best decision of my life.
Such a beautiful temple.We stopped at a couple sights along the way, such as Liberty Jail, Far West, and Adam-ondi-Ahman. Each place was beautiful in their own ways.

The YSA group was able to wander wherever we wanted to in Nauvoo and do whatever we wanted to do, even if that was to walk to the quarry(if anyone was able to walk that far). There was lots of rain there, that hindered a lot of us from going out and getting an early start on the trip, but we did all venture out and enjoy old Nauvoo. Each of the houses was beautiful and I loved every inch of them and their oldness.

My favorite part of the entire trip however, was Carthage jail where we had constant continuing amazing overwhelming experiences of the spirit.

I watched a King Follet Discourse by the guy in the back and was absolutely stunned. His voice was so good. He was also a great actor. I looked away for a few seconds and looked back and had to look twice because I honestly thought that I was looking at and listening to Joseph Smith for a moment, he was that good at acting. I got to watch the pageant later on and enjoyed it immensely. The ending was so powerful

So powerful that from that moment in the night on I was overcome with overwhelming joy. We walked up to the temple to spend a couple hours sitting in front of it and enjoying the solitude of Nauvoo.

The entire trip I had constant gratitude in my heart for every little thing, despite the heat and humidity and the rain and the bugs, I was always thankful for every breeze, the beautiful trees, the lovely houses, AC, every cloud, cold water, and every other little thing. I'm so thankful even still.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I want to go to that temple SO bad! How fun! Thanks for your kind commentation on my blog :) I appreciate it.

    I have a Nikon D90 and I love it mucho!

    ReplyDelete