Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Funny, Scary, Just Plain Awesome

That is what describes some of the random (and possibly one not so random) things that I have seen while I've been at Utah State.

(howard david johnson)
#1 and 2 Just last week I was walking up Old Main Hill. This isn't just some small hill. It is pretty steep. I happen to look up as I'm pushing myself up the hill and see something bright yellow pass me. It was a man on a bike. What's so odd about that you might ask? Well he is going full speed on his bike with NO HANDS ON THE BARS. Talk about frightening.

Then just this week there was a guy riding on one of the inner roads on campus and again with no hands on the handle bars he was reading a book! He was doing pretty good balance wise but was constantly weaving all over the place.

#3 This one is just plain awesome. (p.s I colored this picture in paint, one of the funnest things I have done at work)

I walked down the stairs of my apartment complex with another girl just in front of me. We chatted a little bit before we headed up the hill. She was about five feet in front of me. I'm looking at the ground(for some reason, maybe it was interesting) I see something out of the top of my eye(remember i'm looking down), I didn't think anything of it until I hear a small gasp. I look up and the little thing moving in front of me was a little squirrel, just walking right next to this girl! As she took a step, it would hop right along with her. I whispered "that's amazing" and then it ran under a car. According to HeidiAnn, I was walking behind a princess!


# 4 The Scarlet Pimpernel. Although this isn't really random it is just plain awesome. The movie became one of my favorites just this year. So when Heidi invited me to the play I said absolutely. Which was a fabulous answer because I think I love the musical even more. So so so funny and sooooo entertaining. I absolutely adore it! And just this morning as I was walking up the hill there were two guys behind me that were quoting it in the accent of Percy and everything!


#5 I took an exam yesterday. I had studied pretty well and I felt good about it. Once question in particular stuck out to me though. I read it through the first time I looked at it and checked the answer that I believed it to be, thinking that it said "Greek". The second time I looked at it I panicked because I saw "Egypt". I wasn't sure exactly what the answer was anymore. I looked over the options and knew it had to be the one I had chosen previously. Then it hit me. We were supposed to turn in our own multiple choice reading questions from the textbook. This was MY question! And I wasn't sure of my answer! Yep, I'm a genius.


# 6 As I was walking home there was a man running towards my direction at full speed. He was older and as I watched there was a younger kid probably about 9, 10, or 11 jogging after him. The kid was really struggling and the old guy was way far ahead and didn't look phased at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment