It took a lot of debation (word? It is now) to decide to go home. As much as I adore my family for some reason I felt like I would be missing out on something no matter what I decided. My weekend was .... interesting.
I found out that I'm so glad to be out of highschool. Yeah I know everyone says that, I honestly didn't have a bad experience, but it wasn't my favorite time of my life (middle school and elementary school were that part, which I know, middle school was the one everyone else hated).
The problem with high school brains is that sometimes they think some odd things like playing cat and mouse with the cops is entertaining? What is this? Because it's not really.
Wasting gas by riding down main street with your music blaring? Dumb, go do something fun.
Scraping the snow off the ice skating rink so that you can slide around? That's more like it. Even though there were complaints that people were ruining the rink (What! A couple girls in dress coats are going to be ruining something artful?) If they had only known what we were really doing with that toate lid, shovel, broom and ice scraper, they would have laughed out loud.
Don't get me wrong, I do love my little high schoolers, and I love spending time with them. It was so great to catch up after not talking at all for five months.

No comments:
Post a Comment