
"Know what you like, trust your instincts and live" - ghislaine vinas
Yesterday that famous interior designer was on USU Campus. Don't know who she is, don't worry, I didn't really know anything but her name. I'll save you now though so that the next time you hear her name you can know what she does. www.gvinteriors.com
Although I was thirty minutes late to the presentation, I learned a lot from this uniquely creative lady.
1) She loves bright colors

2) Her favorite color changes every day
This kitchen was inspired by a sunny side up egg, yellow in the middle, and white cabinets surrounding it.
(Inspired by a weird bird painting. This room always reminds me of Dr. Suess, but adult style)
This kitchen was inspired by a sunny side up egg, yellow in the middle, and white cabinets surrounding it.3) She married a graphic designer
(Inspired by a weird bird painting. This room always reminds me of Dr. Suess, but adult style)4) She hates the color of natural wood and will us it as little as possible

In this house, all of the walls were painted colors but absolutely all of the furniture was white. I really like the idea a lot.
5) She works off of inspiration of her clients
She used a painter for the murals and gave him a bunch of photos of what she thought life of little boys who didn't live in the city was like. The couple who lived here was married in aspen so she put a embedded a bunch of model trees in the wall(bottom left. The striped room is a guest bedroom, the stripes make your eyes go bug-eyed, you can't stay in the room for long, that's why it's a guest bedroom.
5) She works off of inspiration of her clients
She used a painter for the murals and gave him a bunch of photos of what she thought life of little boys who didn't live in the city was like. The couple who lived here was married in aspen so she put a embedded a bunch of model trees in the wall(bottom left. The striped room is a guest bedroom, the stripes make your eyes go bug-eyed, you can't stay in the room for long, that's why it's a guest bedroom.6) She likes to find the ugliest things she can and use them in her spaces
Instead of leaving the wainscoting white she painted it all pink to take it over the top, then she found the ugliest chandelier she could find and painted it purple and found the ugliest gaudy mirror she could find and painted it white.In another room she showed during her presentation, she collected about 150 white plates from a thrift store and embedded them on a wall, she said some of them were the most hideous things with cherubs and other such random things on them.
Overall, I quite enjoyed this designer, her bright colors make me happy; I love her spaces, although I don't think I could ever live in them for too long.
That's so funny we were in the same class! I absolutely loved the visiting designer. She was so awesome. I love her style and the things she talked about. Especially putting something hideous in the rooms. :)
ReplyDelete