Friday, May 20, 2011

Super Sunny Funny Grandparent Vacation



Oh, reality I thought I had hidden so well from your wretched grasp. The week I spent without you was much needed, but now I see that you missed me all too much and pulled me back into the whirlwind with you. But while we get back together (you're making it difficult by the way) I'll tell you all about the time I enjoyed apart from you.

First off, here's the do's, don'ts, and lessons

1) Go with you're grandparents and sister and cousin. So great.2) Play mad-gab in everyday conversation. Inside jokes and laughs are included.

3) Don't buy $10 sunglasses from Walmart as a last minute decision. If Wally world is your selection just go for the $5 bugeyed one (you'll end up buying bugeye ones anyway because those $10 ones broke on the first day and you'll have an extra 5 bucks to go towards those new ones)

4) Super glue is messy. (Grandma supervision is advised)

5) Snorkeling in Cozumel, Mexico is so gorgeous! I don't really know if I saw any fish that were super duper cool, but the water was so beautiful in the gulf.


6) Make sure you find those celebrities hanging out around you
johnny depp
dr.phil
Where's waldo?

6) Zip lining through the rain forest is G-R-E-A-T because sometimes you are in the trees and other times you are above the trees. Just make sure you wash your face off.

7) Sometimes buses get stuck on muddy mountain trails when they are forced to get out of the way of the slippery truck coming down on the one lane road.
8)Sometimes you do get what you wish for. Such as seeing the Panama City temple, even if it was just a glimpse
9)Having the best waiters/waitress makes the whole trip even better, such as when they shout your name when you are walking somewhere, or suggesting foods in the buffet line at lunch and breakfast, or trying to save a table for you, failing and then setting one just to save a new spot with two choices of drinks.
10) Humidity can be your friend and is sometimes not too bad.
Wearing the sunglasses mentioned in #2) and 3)

11) Sitting out in the sun and feeling a sunburn coming and not getting out of the sun is not a good idea. Although, getting a late night pizza snack and taking vinegar from one of the tables to use on said awful sunburn to draw the heat out, is still not the greatest idea but it sure makes for a little relief and good memories.
Legs got super super burned. Arm is burned as well. Guess what I got by wearing that shirt in the sunshine?



12) I had a super - cali- fragilistic- expial-idocious time.


here's heidi's blog to fill in or reiterate some events



1 comment:

  1. I love Heidi! You guys look like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete