She had the coolest birthday parties. She talked super fast, but I always seemed to understand her pretty well, I didn't know what people were talking about when they said she talked fast. We balanced each other out. Her and her family always seemed to be having fun. We were always in the same class throughout elementary. I'm not sure we had much in common, but somehow we were great friends.
Then in third grade something came along that really tied us together with great memories. There were previews for a certain movie on TV. My dad had tried to read us the books but I didn't want to, they seemed boring. But when I saw the preview, I thought I'd give the books a chance. Good thing I did too. For they became my favorites.

My best friend and I started reading them at the same time, I don't even know if we knew the other was reading them or not, but we were hooked, and I remember talking about them to her in the alcove of the entrance of the school during recess.
Games ensued in the following years.
-We recruited two boys and during recess we pretended we were the characters out of scenes of Harry Potter. When someone was gone we would skip to a part in the story that allowed for them to be gone.
-During a free time, a very competitive game of Harry Potter Trivia occurred and soon became a favorite of those who played, it was a dark time when the teachers wouldn't bring it out anymore because there were missing pieces. But because of that game I found another friend.
-My best friend and I found a way to entertain ourselves during the science projects we worked on together by making characters and objects out of clay and playing Quidditch with them in her kitchen.
-Countless other games happened as well, these came to mind easily however.
Many memories occurred on account of the Harry Potter books and movies alike. I cannot convey how much I adore them because they remind me of childhood. So to finally attend the last movie was somewhat heart breaking.
But I did enjoy the day. I went shopping all day for the cheapest t-shirt I could find at the mall, only to end up going to Walmart to find everything I needed all in 30 minutes. And then I made this...
Heidi found it on this blog and thought it was adorable. It's Harry Potter- esque without being too blatant about it and I love it! Plus did I mention I made it entirely from hand, NO STENCILS. I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll probably go get more shirts so I can make more sayings or pictures and what not. Hmm... maybe I could sell some custom, one of a kind shirts?
-My best friend and I found a way to entertain ourselves during the science projects we worked on together by making characters and objects out of clay and playing Quidditch with them in her kitchen.
-Countless other games happened as well, these came to mind easily however.
Many memories occurred on account of the Harry Potter books and movies alike. I cannot convey how much I adore them because they remind me of childhood. So to finally attend the last movie was somewhat heart breaking.
But I did enjoy the day. I went shopping all day for the cheapest t-shirt I could find at the mall, only to end up going to Walmart to find everything I needed all in 30 minutes. And then I made this...
Heidi found it on this blog and thought it was adorable. It's Harry Potter- esque without being too blatant about it and I love it! Plus did I mention I made it entirely from hand, NO STENCILS. I'm pretty pleased with it. I'll probably go get more shirts so I can make more sayings or pictures and what not. Hmm... maybe I could sell some custom, one of a kind shirts?
No comments:
Post a Comment